We are conducting a physical inventory count between October 26 and October 31.
During this time you may continue to order online. However, your order will not be processed until November 1.
This applies only to book orders and other parish resources. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Fruitful Discipleship: Living the Mission of Jesus in the Church and the World
Usually ships next business day
“By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit, and so prove to be my disciples.” — John 15:8
How does God’s grace change our individual lives, families, neighborhoods, parish communities, and cities? In Fruitful Discipleship: Living the Mission of Jesus in the Church and the World, Sherry A. Weddell describes how the Holy Spirit is at work in all the baptized—calling and gifting us to “say yes” in ways that will be the longed-for answer to someone else’s prayers and fuel the mission of the whole Church.
God has chosen to be present in this world through the faith and obedience of missionary disciples who witness to Jesus Christ and bear abundant fruit. In Fruitful Discipleship, Sherry
About the Author
- shares what she and her team have learned from helping over 100,000 Catholics of all backgrounds
- identifies and explains 23 distinct charisms
- provides wise guidance for discerning and exercising the gifts received in baptism
- sheds light on the implications of those gifts for both service and leadership within the Church and in mission to the world
- encourages readers with true stories of parishes, cities and whole dioceses who are experiencing powerful renewal because they are forming intentional disciples who bear much fruit.
In 1993, Sherry A. Weddell created the first charism-discernment process for Catholics. She co-founded, with Father Michael Sweeney, O.P., the Catherine of Siena Institute (CSI) in 1997 to train twenty-first-century Catholic leaders. Her previous book, Forming Intentional Disciples: The Path to Knowing and Following Jesus (2012), has been influential in shaping Catholic leaders for successful evangelization and discipleship in the twenty-first century.