To young Christians of the world, Pope Francis has a message for you: "Christ is alive, and he wants you to be alive!"
In his fourth apostolic exhortation, Christus Vivit, Pope Francis encapsulates the work of the 2018 synod of bishops on "Young People, The Faith, and Vocational Discernment.”
Pope Francis has always had a special relationship with young people, and in his fatherly love for you he shows that:
- You can relate to young people in Scripture who made a difference
- You identify with the Christ who is always young
- You face difficult issues in the world today
- You yearn for the truth of the Gospel
- You are capable of amazing things when you respond to the Gospel
- You learn and grow with help from the faithful of all generations
- You need bold and creative youth ministry
- You can discover who God made you to be
- You are urged to pray for discernment
Christus Vivit is written for and to young people, but Pope Francis also wrote it for the entire Church, because, as he says, reflecting on our young people inspires us all.
“May the Holy Spirit urge you on as you run this race. The Church needs your momentum, your intuitions, your faith. We need them! And when you arrive where we have not yet reached, have the patience to wait for us.”