Shannon K. Evans spent a good portion of her life denying that she was weak. Like many Christians, she was concerned with living a moral life, sticking to religious absolutes, holding leadership positions, and working on service projects. And then the truth of her inner brokenness smacked her in the face, first through her work as a missionary, and afterward through motherhood.
Embracing Weakness: The Unlikely Secret to Changing the World is a story of vulnerability, of how one woman learned that before she could respond to the weakness of others she must first accept her own weakness as a gift, revealed in the Incarnation and Passion of Christ.
Shannon shares how God led her to understand:
- Where we go wrong in our understanding of admitting weakness
- How we effectively numb ourselves to avoid the hard work of conversion
- What the Incarnation and Passion are really inviting us to do
- What belonging means for us, and how weakness brings us together
- How embracing weakness can transform our homes — and the world
If you’re ready for a vibrant spiritual life overflowing with mercy — experienced and extended — read Embracing Weakness.
Click here to register for the related webcast