The pamphlet Frequently Asked Questions About the Mass presents answers to very practical questions like:
- What are the parts of Mass?
- Why do we have Mass? And why is it called "Mass?"
- What do the words "Eucharist" and "Liturgy" mean?
- Why do we stand for the Creed? Why do we genuflect or bow?
- What is the significance of the colors the priest wears?
And also addresses the deeper questions:
- Why are we obligated to attend Mass every weekend?
- How do I explain the Mass to a non-Catholic?
- How do the bread and wine change into the Body and Blood of Christ?
- Is Mass supposed to entertain us?
Providing straightforward answers to questions, some of which may go unasked, is one key step parishes can take to meet people where they are on their faith journey, and connect them more closely with the Faith.
For a non-reproducible PDF of this pamphlet, click here. The PDF is meant for review only and should not be reproduced in any form.
Also available in Spanish.