"I was there physically, but I was mentally and spiritually absent..."
"I had so much hurt and misinformation about what the Church was and wasn't."
"While I would have liked for God to exist, I could not in good conscience believe it!"
Every person's journey of faith is filled with twists and turns. Now Recovering Faith: Stories of Catholics Who Came Home follows the personal and heartfelt faith journeys of 18 well-known Catholics who have come back to their faith. Some had fallen out of step with the Church through complacency or poor education. Some were sidetracked by the lure of fame and fortune. A few took a turn in Protestant traditions. Others traveled through the darkness of atheism.
You'll be fascinated -- and encouraged -- by the way Christ touched each one, to bring them all home. The compelling stories include personal accounts from:
- Martin Sheen, actor
- Dean Koontz, best-selling novelist
- Clarence Thomas, U.S. Supreme Court justice
- Dr. Francis Beckwth, former president of the Evangelical Theological Society
- Barbara Curtis, author
- Leah Darrow, America's Next Top Model finalist
- Janet Morana, executive director of Priests for Life
- Teresa Tomeo, Catholic radio personality