God knows what’s on our minds and in our hearts, but we still need to verbalize our innermost thoughts, feelings, and intentions. That’s prayer.
In this easy-to-read, down-to-earth introduction to conversation with God, you’ll discover, or rediscover, what you need to be able to “pray without ceasing.”
In this brief booklet, author, mom, wife, and Secular Franciscan Barb Szyszkiewicz helps you strengthen your connection to God through prayer. You’ll learn:
- How to pray alone and establish an intimate connection with God
- How to pray with the whole Church
- What the saints teach us about prayer
- When to pray, including formal and informal times for prayer
- Different styles and methods of prayer, including the prayers of the Church, adoration, meditation, music, art, and journaling
Your connection to God in prayer can happen anywhere, at any time. No special equipment is needed, and no dress code, no reservation, no admission fee. All you need is an open heart and a willingness to engage with our Creator.